On the bottom of the Ancient Earth application is the Geologic Time Scale control. This control defines what map is displayed on the globe.
The control consists of several parts:
- Breadcrumb/Copyright - Shows a breadcrumb of the current geologic age
- Numeric Age - shows the selected age in millions of years
- Time Scale - shows the geological time scale and is the primary control for the map display
- Map Marker - a series of small black triangles in the Time Scale showing the ages of available maps
- Current Age Marker - a white triangular marker showing the currently selected age
There are several methods to change the age of the map display:
- Drag the time scale to the left will increase the age
- Drag the time scale to the right will descrease the age
- Double-tap the time scale to the right of the current age marker will choose the next older map
- Double-tap the time scale to the left of the current age marker will choose the next younger map
NOTE: The time scale will always snap to the nearest available map
The time scale control can also be changed depending on your needs
- Using the pinch motion within the time scale control will magnify the time scale. A closing pinch motion will zoom out, whereas a opening pinch motion will zoom in.
- The time scale can also be dragged up and down. Dragging down will show the time scale with less detail and dragging up will show more detail, such as stages.
Back to Help Home